1. Knuffman JE, Sorkness CA, Lemanske RF Jr, et al; for the Childhood Asthma Research and Education Network of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Phenotypic predictors of long-term response to inhaled corticosteroid and leukotriene modifier therapies in pediatric asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;123:411-416.
2. Szefler SJ, Martin RJ, King TS, et al; for the Asthma Clinical Research Network of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Significant variability in response to inhaled corticosteroids for persistent asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002;109:410-418.
3. Smith AD, Cowen JO, Brassett KP, et al. Exhaled nitric oxide: a predictor of steroid response. Am J Respir Crit Care Med.2005;172:453-459.
4. Dweik RA, Boggs PB, Erzurum SC, et al; on behalf of the American Thoracic Society Committee on Interpretation of Exhaled Nitric Oxide Levels (FeNO) for Clinical Applications. An official ATS clinical practice guideline: interpretation of exhaled nitric oxide levels (FeNO) for clinical applications. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011;184:602-615. 5. Morice AH, Fontana GA, Sovijarvi ARA, et al on behalf of the ERS Task Force. The diagnosis and management of chronic cough. Eur Respir J. 2004;24:481-492.
6. National Asthma Education and Prevention Program; National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Expert panel report 3: guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma. Full report 2007. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/asthma/asthgdln.pdf. Published August 28, 2007. Accessed September 13, 2011.
7. Smith AD, Cowan JO, Filsell S, et al. Diagnosing asthma: comparisons between exhaled nitric oxide measurements and conventional tests. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2004;169:473-478.
8. Asthma: diagnosis and monitoring of asthma in adults, children and young people. National Guideline Centre. Commissioned by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. November 2017.
9. LaForce C, Brooks E, Herje N, et al. Impact of exhaled nitric oxide measurements on treatment decisions in an asthma specialty clinic. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2014; 113: 619-623.
10. Hanania NA, Alpan, O, Hamilos, DL et al. Omalizumab in Severe Allergic Asthma Inadequately Controlled With Standard Therapy. Ann Intern Med. 2011;154:573-582.
11. British Thoracic Society. British guideline on the management of asthma: A national clinical guideline, 2016. Available at: https://www.brit-thoracic.org.uk/document-library/clinical-information/asthma/btssign-asthma-guideline-2016/.
12. NICE guideline [NG80]: Asthma: diagnosis, monitoring and chronic asthma management. Published November 2017: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng80